(9) NLB's 286 series of water jet lances are designed for maximum operator protection and productivity. A patented trigger (U.S. patent no. 5,636,789) lets the operator dump pressure immediately by simply pushing forward. It can be operated with just 8-to-12 pounds of pressure, and a one-finger latch prevents accidental actuation.
The key is a quick-change cartridge that you can replace in the field in less than 60 seconds. This unique feature is available in all 9 models, with operating pressures as low as 10,000 psi (700 bar) and as high as 40,000 psi (2,800 bar). Please refer to the accompanying tables for features, benefits and key specifications and dimensions.
(3) NLB's NSG family of dry shut-off hand lances, when used in conjunction with an unloader valve (please click on required item number below and see Related Items box on the right), give the operator a way to stop the flow of high-pressure water, without dumping unwanted water at the work site.
(2) For ultra-high pressure water jetting in a wider spray pattern, the best choice is usually a rotating lance with one of our specially-designed multi-orifice heads. The NCG8450A-3 and NCG8450A-3L lances feature an air-driven swivel that drives the nozzle assembly. Use requires a Bi-Mode™ valve and a DM14150 hose assembly to connect them. A Bi-Mode™ valve lets two operators run lances from a single pump unit. (Dual lance operation also requires a CM13027 "Y" adapter.)
Key features of the NCG8450A-3 rotating lance include:
The field-repairable NLB Bi-Mode™ valve can significantly improve UHP system productivity. It uses the same quick- change cartridge valve as our 286 series lances and foot controls. User-friendly features include:
60-second cartridge replacement
switch from 1-lance to 2-lance operation with a simple nozzle change
rounded frame for easier carrying
A DM14150 hose assembly is required to connect a rotating lance to a Bi-Mode™ valve.
The NLB VacLance attachment turns any NCG8450A-3 hand lance into a vacuum recovery surface preparation tool. This kit (DM16546) provides all the required components to convert any existing NCG8450A-3 series lance into a vacuum recovery UHP hand lance. The unit requires approximately 100 CFM at 1 to 2 inches of vacuum. It will attach to a vacuum source via NLB's 2" vac hose (PM16758).
(6) NLB Whip Hoses help protect hand lance operators from potentially dangerous hose failures. Each whip hose assembly consists of a short length of hose (usually 10 feet or less) covered with a heavy, dense fabric or reinforced plastic tubing designed to diffuse the energy released by a hose failure.
NLB offers whip hoses for all popular pressures, from 10,000 to 40,000 psi (700 to 2,800 bar).
(3) NLB mobile lance stands let operators share the load of holding a pressurized lance, reducing both strain and risk. Personnel can therefore be rotated less frequently. Models are available in 10,000 psi, 20,000 psi and 40,000 psi (700, 1,400 and 2,800 bar), some with shields for additional operator protection.
NLB lance stands have many advantages:
Absorb back thrust, minimizing fatigue
Allows use of greater volume and pressure
Instantaneous dump to low pressure upon lance trigger release
60° pivot point allows broad coverage (horizontal and vertical), for fewer station moves